Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Basketball & Appointments

We had a great weekend. Kyle had a basketball tournament in Aloha. They lost two games and won one. Kyle played great and is getting so much better with each game. He is really playing aggressively and was high point man in two games.

Tori stayed all night with us on Saturday night and we had tons of fun. It seems like we don't get to have the kids here as much as we would like to since they are both involved in so many activities.

Tuesday I had my eyes checked and there wasn't much of a change from last year. That night we went to watch the Roosevelt girl's basketball team play. Steve Duin, a writer for the Oregonian, wrote an article stating that no one ever goes to watch their games and they have lost 18 consecutive games. Well, they didn't win but they played their best game ever and only lost by two points. There were 1,600 people there cheering for them! I am sure it was a once in a lifetime experience for all the Roosevelt girls.

Today I had my yearly physical. I am pleased that my cholesterol is good and has improved from last year. All my blood work was good except for my white blood cell count and platelets. Both have dropped even more. I will have them checked next month to see if they continue to drop. I had a tetanus shot and made an appointment for my mammogram. I then went to my support group meeting and then had my port flushed this afternoon.

Tomorrow I am meeting Amy and Carolyn for some serious shopping and we are meeting Eileen and Julie for lunch at Little Cooper's Town in Hillsboro.

Hope all of you are having a great week. It is suppose to be 60 degrees on Friday so get out and enjoy it. We might go for a Harley ride. Haven't ridden it since last summer.

Love to you all,

JO

No comments: