Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fun At Devils Lake

I am so lucky to have such an awesome girlfriend, that I attended school with, who shares so many of her things with her friends. Sandy and her husband, recently acquired a beach house on Devils Lake. She invited some of us gals, she went to school with, to spend a few days with her at it. It is four years old and is a fantastic house. I certainly wasn't expecting to stay in such a nice place. This is the front of the house.
This is the back of the house and their dock for their paddle boat and canoe.Sandy, Midge, Mary Etta and myself, went there on Monday. It rained that afternoon so we stayed inside and visited the entire day. Of course, we ate and drank, too! Everyone had their own bedroom since it sleeps 12 and it also has couches to sleep on. This is the awesome bedroom I got to sleep in.

The next day it was beautiful and the sun was shining. People say that the best time to go to the beach is in September and October. Boy, that sure is right. When we walked out of the front door to go for our walk, there were two deer in the yard. Look how close they came to us. They certainly weren't afraid of people. Try not to think about my deer hunting Blog from last week!

When we got home from our walk, Judy and Rita arrived. Again, we visited, ate, drank, and then we went out for dinner at Kyllo's Seafood Restaurant. It is right on the ocean. Great food and view.

Here are pictures of us. I had to put two in since Rita and Sandy took turns taking the pictures. Too bad I don't have a picture of all of us when we were in high school together! Ah, we probably don't look any different!

Thanks, Sandy and all you other gals, for such a fun time. I can't believe we are 60 year old women having fun at a "slumber party," just like we did when we were in high school. This was such a memorable time that I will cherish.

I have my blood tested tomorrow and pick up my drink packets for my CT scan on Monday. I have my 3 month appointment with my oncologist on Thursday.

Hope all of you are having a great week.

Love to you all,

JO

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

oh what fun!!!!!! aren't long time friends that best??? i'm so glad you could get away and have such fun and stay in such an awesome place!!! it's gorgeous! i thought that photo of the deer was a lawn deer it is so close! wow!!!

good luck with your ct scan (NEVER) fun and with your appts. I know you will get the green light once again! you are my hero!!!

xoxo
shauna

Anonymous said...

we sure had a good time! felt like we were still 16 yrs old. cant wait for next time......im thinking good thoughts for your tests.......
mary etta