Monday, October 27, 2008

Great Weekend With The Kids

We went to Tori's soccer game on Saturday and brought her and Kyle home to spend the weekend with us. They both have electric scooters so they had fun riding them. We have a small electric bike that Kyle loves to ride and Tori decided she wanted to ride it, too. So she hopped on it and rode it great. Guess we will have to buy another one to have here when both kids come over.
We went to the school and rode around the track and played on the play equipment.
We packed a snack and enjoyed eating outdoors.

Tori and I went to see the movie High School Musical 3. It was really cute and Tori was up dancing during a lot of the show! After the movie, she wanted to have our picture taken in one of those picture booths. I hadn't done that since I was in school!It was so much fun to have the kids with us. They are both so good and appreciate all we do for them.


Today I had my CT scan. While I was there, I picked up a copy of the results of my blood test that I had on Thursday . My white blood cell count continues to be very low, at 2.0. It should be between 4.0 - 10.0. My platelets and neutrophils were also low. But my red blood cell count was up a tiny bit. I will meet with my oncologist on Thursday and get my CT results and see what she says about my blood tests.


After my scan, I went to Fern's (a gal in my metastatic support group) house to help her sew on her grandkid's Halloween costumes. She makes costumes each year for them but this year she isn't feeling as well as she should, so she asked for help. It was fun to see her and a few of the other gals. We all brought food and had a great lunch.


On Wednesday, I am planning on going to my support group, since I have missed the last two weeks and on Thursday, I have my oncology appointment.


My brother, Richard, is in the hospital with blood clots in his leg and lung. They have him on blood thinners, so he will probably be there a few days. He is in charge of a big project in Vegas that is happening in about a week, so he is anxious to get out of there!


Hope all of you are having a great week. Love this weather!


Love to you all,


JO

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

great pictures! it always looks like you all have so much fun! so much life and happiness and living! love it! thanks for sharing that and for bringing sunshine to our lives!

i'm sorry to hear about your blood tests. i hope it's nothing and that your ct scan comes back clean. i'll be thinking the very best thoughts for you!

so nice of you to help out fern. you are a good friend and i can't wait to see you and hug and squeeze you tomorrow!

kaelin and i want to go see HSM3 too!

xoxo
shauna

Anonymous said...

JO;
love the pics..especially the "booth" ones. such fun! got good thoughts for you and your onc. visit. those blood tests aren't slowing you up much...keep up the good times.
hope richard does okay....he must be a high energy guy, too.
hugs,
mary etta