Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's Snowing.....And I Have A Cold!

I am doing a terrible job with my blog. Sorry. Maybe I should give it up. I have been trying to get my Christmas letter done. I hope to have it in the mail tomorrow or the next day. I don't have Word on my computer so it takes me forever to get my pictures with captions on them. And they look so "elementary." Not professional at all. Maybe I will buy Word for next year. This year I am sending out just pictures....no written letter.

We have had snow all week. Most of the schools have been closed the entire week. Don't know about tomorrow yet but I bet they will be closed again. I am sure some of the mothers are ready to pull their hair out. Christmas vacation starts next Monday so they will be out two more weeks. I love the snow but it sure has screwed up a lot of my plans. We did drive to Newberg on Monday for Kyle's basketball practice. It was a little scary driving home. Practice was cancelled on Tuesday, as was my support group meeting. We were going to have our Christmas party. Darn! Then on Thursday, I didn't get to go to my monthly girlfriend's luncheon or meet with the Lunch Bunch gals.

You would think I would be getting tons of things done around here since I am "house bound." But because I have had a cold for the last five days, I don't have a lot of energy. Each day I think I will feel better but I don't. I will give it a few more days and then will maybe have to see what the doctor says. I know it is just a cold and so many people have said that it hangs on forever. I just want to feel good for Christmas. And I sure hope Denny doesn't get it.

If I feel well enough tomorrow, I would like to take a picture of our house with the snow on it. I haven't even been out in the snow yet! Now, that sucks! Who ever heard of having snow and not playing in it?!

We love our weight room. I remember last year when the weather was icy and we couldn't get out and walk. We felt awful. But with our weight equipment, we can exercise inside. We both feel so much better when we work out. With my cold, I am taking it a little easy.

Hope all of you are staying warm and safe. And hope you are all ready for the holidays.

Love to you all,

JO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is pretty chilly out side and im not so sure it isnt better to view the snow from inside a window. hope that your cold gets better soon. arent we fortunate that we dont have this kind of weather for months on end? its pretty to look at tho. take care and you will beship shape before you know it,
mary etta

Team Immel said...

You take care of yourself and feel better soon!! I totally missed seeing you this week since our group was cancelled! i owe you the biggest tightest hug ever! love ya!
oxox
shauna (who is one of those moms pulling her hair out!)