Wednesday, December 3, 2008

In Newberg With The Kids

We went to Newberg on Monday so Denny could help with Kyle's basketball practice. They have their first tournament this weekend in Clackamas. He is playing on a traveling team so it will be fun to go to different locations. They will have a tournament in Seaside sometime in March so they will have some overnight trips. Kyle also had practice on Tuesday so be decided to stay both Monday and Tuesday nights.

Julie and I went shopping on Tuesday at Target in Sherwood. I was able to get a find a few gifts and get some Christmas gift ideas. Then we went to Tori's Hip Hop dance class. That was fun to watch. She is a great dancer and they will have their recital in a couple of weeks.

It was fun to spend time with the kids. Kyle just had his hair cut, which he didn't want to do. But it looks great. He still has bangs that almost hang in his eyes. He had to have his side burns cut and he really, really likes side burns. Scott and Julie wanted him to have his hair cut for Thanksgiving. He had a hooded sweatshirt on when he came downstairs to go to school, after having had several days off, due to Thanksgiving vacation. I asked him if he was going to wear his hood up all day and he said that he was not allowed to have his hood up during school, so I am sure he was really dreading having to take his hood off later! Poor boy.

Tori also had her hair cut and had bangs cut, for the first time ever. She really looked cute and her hair doesn't hang in her eyes now. She really liked her hair cut and couldn't wait to show her friends.

I didn't go to my support group meeting on Wednesday because we wanted to stop by Costco on our way home from Newberg. Shauna wasn't feeling well and wasn't going to be at the meeting either. I will go next week for sure.

Today I got out my Christmas decorations and started putting them up. I definitely am going to get rid of some of them. Last year I down sized my decorations and I plan on doing it again. Gotta get down to about six boxes instead of twelve!

Tomorrow I am going to a Christmas bazaar at the Southwest Washington Medical Center. One of my friends, Susan, is selling some of her fantastic photos. Then we are going to happy hour at New Port Bay with friends. Looking forward to a fun day.

Hope all of you are having a great week.

Love to you all,

JO

1 comment:

Team Immel said...

we're going to that same hoop tourney in seaside in march! fun!!! i hope we can see you there!!! kaelin's team is playing and dave coaches! fun!!! xoxoxo