Sunday, December 21, 2008

OMG! I can not believe the amount of snow we have. It is now snowing harder than it has the last few days and we already have over a foot of snow! It is beautiful but I keep thinking about how this weather is going to impact our plans because of Christmas.


Today is Sunday and we didn't get an Oregonian newspaper. Boy, do we miss sitting and ready the Sunday paper since it takes us several hours. It is our favorite paper. This morning, we decided to walk to Fred Meyers (about 2 miles away) to get one. We got all bundled up and took off. Well, we got about four blocks away and decided to come home since it had started raining ice pellets. Not too much fun and super cold. So decided to come home and eat waffles with strawberries and whipping cream. Smart decision, don't you think?!

Because of my cold, we really haven't been out to play in the snow. Wish we lived closer to the kids so we could play with them. Scott, Julie, Kyle and Tori have been playing a lot in the snow since they have lots of hills around the Newberg area. Here is a picture she just sent of them.


Here is a picture of our house. Denny took it yesterday before it had snowed very much.

I am feeling better but still have my cold. It has been 8 days and I know that sometimes it takes a couple of weeks to get over a cold, so I am hoping to kick this cold soon. I did call the doctor yesterday and he ordered me an antibiotic in case I have a sinus infection. I am not going to take it unless I think it is necessary because I know it isn't good to take antibiotics unless you have a bacterial infection and I think right now, mine is viral. But I wanted to have it on hand since we will be gone for Christmas and might not be able to get in touch with my doctor.


We will go to Scott and Julie's for Christmas Eve and stay all night so we can celebrate Christmas day with them. The next day, we are supposed to drive to pick up Dakota so he can go to the beach with us. I am really hoping that the gorge will be good enough for us to pick him up. Looking out the window right now, it doesn't look good.


I hope all of you are staying safe and warm. Drive careful if you go out in this snow.


Love to you all,


JO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we are all getting a little stir crazy. long time since we had this much snow. by the way nice job on your christmas letter....thanks bunches. hope your cookie baking turned out and how about those waffles with strawberries! yum, yum
mary etta

Team Immel said...

thanks for your wonderful xmas letter! i loved all of the fun photos!

i'm sorry you aren't able to get to your g-kids place to play in the snow with them and that your cold is still hanging on! can you believe this pacific nw weather? it's insane!

looks like we're not going to make it up to washington to spend xmas with our fam and i never got a tree! luckily i got out last week when the temps rose and took care of my kids xmas pressies.

your house looks beautiful in the snow!!!!

i hear you on the paper! it's my fave thing to do too! and i just don't feel complete without reading it cover to cover and doing the crossword and sudoku!

stay home safe and warm sweetie. love to you and yours for the holidays. i miss you like crazy.

xxoxox
shauna