Sunday, March 1, 2009

Dakota's Basketball Tournament

I'm staying home today (Sunday) and just relaxing. I seem to be more tired these days. I hate not having a lot of energy, like I usually do. I am hoping that the B-12 vitamin that my primary doctor suggested, will give me a little "spark."

We went to Kyle's basketball party on Friday night, that was at Julie and Scott's. All the parents are so nice, as are the kids. Everyone had a great time.

We had new tires put on our Honda, had them rotated, and then had new back brakes put on. All this took two full days and too much money. When I spend money on something, I like to see something for the money that is spent. No one notices new tires or brakes! But I do feel safer now driving a car with good tires and brakes.

Julie and I met Shauna, my good friend who belongs to the metastatic support group with me, and her good friend, Paris, for coffee after our class on Wednesday. I felt like I already knew Paris since we correspond on Facebook and Shauna's blog. Julie had never met Shauna or Paris and she also felt like she knew both gals. I am looking forward to getting the four of us together again. (Paris, Julie, me and Shauna)

Yesterday, we drove to the Tri-Cities area (4 hours one way!) to watch Dakota play in his basketball tournament. We have not been able to see him play yet this year. Justin is coaching the team. They lost both games but all the boys played great. The one team they played against looked like they were a JV high school team. (Dakota plays on a 6th grade team.) He plays great defense and is really quick. He has a great shot with a lot of arch on it. He was high point man in the first game. We didn't stay for the 8:50 PM game, and they won. They also won their game today. Guess we must have been "bad luck!"



Don't have much planned this week. Next week is going to be a busy one so I hope to get things done around here.

Hope all of you have a great week.

Love to you all,

JO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo. Couldn't read the whole post cause have less of time. will be back again. Nice blog.