Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Shamrock Run

On Thursday, we had Direct TV installed. I had just figured out how to use Dish Network and then we changed. But there was not a choice since Dish Network doesn't carry channel 2 anymore. I didn't realize how many of my favorite programs were on channel 2. Now we can record two shows at the same time on the same TV and we can record one while watching a current show.....and this is on all three TVs. So we could record six shows at one time if we wanted to. I have so much to learn about Direct TV though. I have to add all my favorites, figure out "On Demand," etc. I will have to admit, I do like to watch TV. When I had my first chemo treatments, I spent a lot of time watching it to make the time go faster.


On Sunday, Julie and I participated in the Shamrock Run in downtown Portland. The weather was terrible. On the TV news it said it was the worst weather they have ever had for the race. It was cold, rainy AND windy. Sometimes I had to hold on to my hat and the wind took my breath away. We participated in the 8K (5 miler). Last year I ran the entire race but this year my goal was to finish it since I hadn't trained for it. With my blood counts being down, I don't have the energy and stamina that I wish I had. I ran most of it but walked some of the hills. It was a tough race. I finished 7 minutes behind Julie so I thought that was good. I was pleased with myself for even participating in it since the weather was so bad. We forgot to have our picture taken so as we were leaving, we had someone take a picture of us with my phone. So it isn't a real good one but we had to have one to prove we participated in the race. Pictures were taken along the race route, so I will look for those when they are posted on the Internet. After the race, I hopped on Max and was home in no time. Couldn't wait to get my wet clothes off.
I have my blood tested today (have it done once a month) and will get the results when I have my port flushed tomorrow. I am also meeting Kay, my ex-neighbor from Tigard, for coffee in the morning and then I am going to Newberg for a class reunion meeting. So I will not be going to my support group meeting. I missed last week because I was in Seaside and will probably miss next week since it will be spring break and we plan on "playing" with the grandkids.


Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone. Hope you all have a great week.


Love to you all,


JO

No comments: