Sunday, March 8, 2009

Fun at Randy and Lori's

I went to my support group meeting on Wednesday. It was so nice to see Carolyn there since she hasn't been feeling too good. Afterwards, Fern and I stopped by to see Lois, who was in the hospital to have a lump removed from her breast. Her doctor was sure it was benign but it is always a relief to have it removed and examined under a microscope.


On Friday night we went to the Newberg high school boys basketball play off game against Clackamas with Scott, Julie, Kyle and Tori. They won so they are going to state. It was 1972 when they last made it to state. It is their fourth time there. The first time was when I was in high school and on rally and my mom drove some of us rally girls there (Corvallis). It was so much fun. They had a dance after the game. Newberg didn't win but it sure was an awesome experience for everyone.


Friday night, it was fun to see my old rally advisor, Mrs. De Creval at the game. She hasn't changed a bit! She has to be close to 70 years old. She is no longer teaching but is still in charge of the rally. The student body and rally were very impressive. There were lots of kids there and they all wore white and in the front row were boys dressed in stripped referee shirts. All their chants were terrific. Good job Newberg student body and boy's basketball team. Good luck at state on Wednesday!



We stayed all night because the next night we went to Randy and Lori's (Denny's sister) for a spaghetti dinner. It was super. It was so nice to spend time with them and their kids and grandkids. Here is a picture of Tori and Riley.


Here are Julie and Riley.

Here I am holding Riley. Isn't she a doll?


I am sorry I didn't get any good pictures of Griffin. He loved playing with Tori.


Today Denny and I spent the day looking for new furniture for our family room. We need a new couch, love seat and chair. We thought we wanted leather but we can't find the right color so we will probably end up with fabric furniture. Our couch we have now is so old and definitely needs to be replaced.


Hope all of you have a great week. I will blog in a few days because I am off to have some "girl friend" fun!


Love to you all,


JO

No comments: