Sunday, November 30, 2008

Boring...............

Absolutely, nothing exciting to write about. And I don't have any pictures to post.

Denny and I ate out on Thanksgiving since both kids were with their in-laws. We had a nice dinner at Shari's. They served us so much food that we had left overs for the following day. Plus, you got to choose any piece of pie we wanted. Can't beat coconut cream!

We have stayed home every day since Thanksgiving. I am going crazy....gotta get out of here. Actually, we are going to Newberg tomorrow and might go to a movie with the grandkids. Plus, Denny is going to go to Kyle's basketball practices tomorrow and Tuesday. So we will probably stay all night at Scott and Julie's tomorrow night.

What I have been doing lately, is playing on Facebook. It is a website for people to keep in touch with each other. Julie and Jan kept telling me that I should join it but warned me that it is addicting. Well, I have been playing with it for several days. It is still confusing to me. I need a teenager around to explain all this computer/electronic stuff to me. I made a HUGE mistake today with Facebook. I accidentally invited EVERYONE in my address book to join Facebook. It wasn't even an up to date list, it was an older one that I some how brought up. I thought I would have to make a check mark all the names of the people I wanted to invite to join, but I didn't notice that ALL the names were already checked, and before I caught my mistake, I had clicked on send. Oops! The cool thing is that I received several responses from people that wanted to join. That was good. So I decided that I better send out another email explaining to everyone that had received their "invite" that I had made a boo-boo. But that was when I noticed they were not exactly the same names in my current address book. So I had to print the list of people I sent the invite to, and cross check them with my current address book list. To top it off, the list was not in alphabetical order! Do you know how long that took me?! Get this..................I sent a copy to a travel agent, realtor, some of Denny's boat racing buddies (he doesn't know this yet....hope he doesn't read this blog!), the facilitator of my support group, etc. The list goes on and on. It was well over a hundred people. So, I have to learn more about how to use Facebook! But, I really am pleased that some of my address book contacts joined! If some of you want to join it, you should. It is tons of fun. Just don't screw up like I did!

Hope all of you have a great week.

Love to you all,

JO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey....have a good time in newbyville.......see you on f.b.
mary etta

Team Immel said...

um...i'm totally addicted to facebook too. THANKS! lol i've had so much fun connecting with friends from the past! i learned a lesson too...don't get the updates sent to your mobile phone as texts! lol

love ya.
i won't be at group tomorrow. still fighting this darn bug. don't wanna get all of the girls sick. please send my love and big fat juicy hugs to you!

xoxox
shauna