Sunday, March 9, 2008

Recent Trip To Vegas








I am very fortunate to have gone on a couple of trips recently. It is important to me to take advantage of my "chemo break." I went to Vegas a couple of weeks ago to see my mom, brother and sister. They have all lived there for years. I try to see them twice a year. This year I took a girlfriend with me...Marion. She and her husband, Sonny, went to Arizona with us for a month and to Maui for a couple of weeks last year. Mom knows her because she was friends with Marion's mom. We had a great time. We both have pedometers so we walked each day and especially enjoyed walking the strip. We shopped a lot but didn't really end up buying much. It was so much fun to spend time with her and my family. We all get along so well. I am very blessed to have such a terrific mom and siblings. My other brother, who is a doctor in Asheville, N.C., usually goes to Vegas the same time I do, but this year it wasn't possible. So everyone is coming to Oregon in August for a family reunion.

Love to you all,

JO


2 comments:

Team Immel said...

I"m so glad you got to go to Vegas and hang out with your mom and siblings! YOu all look so happy and radiant. What nice friends you have! Way to go on the walking!! YOu go girl!!!

xoxo
Shauna

Craig said...

My mom went shopping and didn't buy anything, what a shocker!

Craig