Monday, March 31, 2008

Easter and Spring Break


We went to Scott and Julie's for Easter brunch. It was awesome. We hid eggs for the kids and each egg had money and a note in it, telling them something they had to do. A few things Tori had to do was to stand on her head, pat her head and rub her tummy at the same time, and sing the happy birthday song. Kyle had to put a pair of his underwear on his head, do some push ups and put his hand in the toilet. They loved finding their eggs and doing the crazy things Grandpa and Grandma have conjured up. After brunch, we headed to the Lincoln City area for the week. We rented a house along with our sister and brother-in-law. The house was fantastic and on the Silitz Bay. There were huge windows so we could see the ocean and the lights of the little town of Taft.

Randy likes to cook, so us gals lucked out and enjoyed his great meals. Unfortunately, Julie and the kids got sick and didn't feel too good most of the week. The house was so fantastic that we didn't mind spending time there playing games and cards while they were recuperating. We were able to go to the outlet stores a couple of times, drove into Depoe Bay and played on the beach. We had sunshine, rain, hail and snow! I have never been to the beach when it snowed. It was pretty awesome.

It was my birthday so they had a party for me. It was so special to spend my birthday with all of them while at the beach.

One of the gals from my support group had an extensive surgery today. She will be in the hospital 10 days and it sounds like the surgery went well. Another gal, just went on Hospice. She is such a sweetheart. So I have been thinking about them both a lot lately and sending good thoughts their way.

Since I have been gone for a week, I have lots to do, but like sitting here and playing with my computer. Ah, better go and get something done!

Love to you all,

JO

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

Happy Birthday! What a wonderful way to spend it!

What a beautiful house! Just gorgeous! And what beautiful grandkids!

It looks like you all had a fabulous time. I'm so glad you could get away and spend time with family. I missed you while you were gone and am glad to see you home safe and sound and blogging away!

Can't wait to see you on Wed.and give you a hug! If Penny gets out of ICU, want to go visit her with me? Jackie has missed the last couple of group meetings. I miss her. I hope she's doing ok.

xoxox
Shauna

Anonymous said...

jo....love to read your blog. i have to update sandy at our weekly dog lesson...am trying to convince her to get a computor. happy birthday....great pics of your fun holiday week. i look forward to the next time. take care,
mary etta