Thursday, May 15, 2008

"Buy It. It's Worth It!"

Today I met Amy and Carolyn (the two gals I sometimes travel with) for some shopping. We like to go to the discount stores but today we only had time to shop at Marshall's since we seemed to find some great things there. Sometimes, it seems like you don't find anything and other times, you find way too much.......say like today! I was really hoping I wouldn't like anything since I shouldn't be buying more clothes. My closets (notice not closet but closets) are "full to the brim." I try to get rid of something when I buy something new. But that doesn't seem to work too well.

I have been looking for a pair of white jeans with a boot cut. They are hard to find. I had looked all over Clackamas Town Center with Julie last Sunday on Mother's Day. Well, I walked into Marshall's and there they were hanging on the rack right by the entrance. My size, too. I looked at the price tag and it showed $39.99. I thought that was too much to pay for jeans at Marshall's. After all, they are a discount store. I wouldn't think anything of paying that much at Macy, etc. And then I looked at the original tag on the jeans........$198.00! Can you believe it?! They are well made, but $198.00. You can bet I grabbed those right away and I wish I could wear the price tag so everyone could see the original price!

On my way to the dressing room, I walked by the lingerie. I don't usually look in that section. But there hanging, was the cutest pair of pajamas I have ever seen. No kidding. They are cotton with the most beautiful eyelet lace. They aren't sexy, they're just plain cute. I should take a picture of them and put it on my blog, but that just doesn't seem appropriate! Now I can't wait until my next "girl friend" trip so I can wear my cute pj's. Well, I hate to say any more about what I bought, but I also found a nightie that matched the pajamas! Again, cute, cute, cute. And the prices were really cheap on both. So I couldn't pass them up. I did buy a couple of other things, but nothing exciting like my jeans, pj's and nightie. But here is the funny part. Amy, ended up buying the EXACT same three items! What a copycat! Plus, she said she liked my capri pants I was wearing and I made the mistake of telling her where I bought them, so she and Carolyn were headed there later! I really don't care if she buys the same things I do, because lots of times, I buy what she buys. We seem to like the same things. We don't wear the same size because sometimes they only have one in each size. ( I wish I did wear her itty bitty size!) I know she will be reading this blog and just wanted to kid her. Actually, Carolyn also ended up with the same nightie! Won't the three of us look cute when we go on our next trip?!

Whenever the three of us go shopping, someone will pick out something and ask the other two what they think of it. Carolyn and Amy always say, "Walk around a while with it and then decide." I always say, "Buy it. It is worth it!" So they spend a lot more money when I go shopping with them. I think sometimes they don't invite me to go shopping with them, on purpose!

After shopping, we met Eileen and Julie D. for lunch at Arby's. We meet once a month. Barb (the gal from the Lunch Bunch, that recently passed away) was the one that got the monthly luncheons organized. So we wanted to continue the tradition.

Hope all of you stay cool in the hot (90 degree) weather we are going to have the next few days.

Love to you all,

JO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like such "girl fun" buying your nighties and pj's. what a buy on the jeans......that's worth it even if you just casually left them draped over a chair with the price tag (original) showing. just for a little while. keep kool in the extra warm temps for the next day or two......
mary etta

Team Immel said...

ooh i can't wait to see your new cute $198 jeans!!!!! you always look so cute! you and your friends have great taste! you're great shoppers!!!!! glad you had fun. i've been having one of those very social weeks too! life is short - go shopping!!!!!

xoxox
shauna