Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom


Today is my Mom's 83rd birthday. She lives in Vegas with Lloyd. My brother and sister also live there so it is nice that she lives near two of her four kids. All of us try to get together in Vegas during the month of May to celebrate Mom's birthday or Mother's Day. But this year, my youngest brother Michael, couldn't be there. So we are all getting together in Oregon for a family reunion in August. However, I decided last week that I wanted to see my Mommy sooner, so I will be going in a couple of weeks to spend time with her while Lloyd goes on a fishing trip with some family guys.

Each year we take a picture of the five of us. Here is my favorite picture which was taken a couple of years ago. In the picture is Carol (64), Michael (59), Mom (now 83!), Richard (61), and myself (62). I can't believe "us kids" are that old.

Mom looks great and is in fantastic shape. In fact, when I called to wish her a happy birthday this morning, she was walking in the new fitness center that had just opened. She and Lloyd joined it so when it is too hot (like now) they can still exercise. What a fantastic role model she is for all of us. I am so lucky to have such a loving and wonderful mother. Everyone loves her! She is always thinking of others and is helping anyone that needs help. Plus, she is a really "hip" mom. Here is a picture taken a few years ago when she went for a Harley ride with Denny. She loved it! I am so lucky to have her as my mom. So, happy birthday, Mom. I love you so much. I will see you in two weeks.


Love to you all,


JO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jo....you are the BEST daughter. can sure tell where you get the great genes from. your mom is in wonderful shape.....she is a very young 83 y/o.
all you kids look great! keep on keepin on! have a fun trip.
mary etta

Team Immel said...

Happy Birthday Jo's mom!!!!
What wonderful photos and words.
I can tell how special she is. She radiates love and happiness in those photos. She's beautiful, just like you!!! And what a nice looking family!!!

Enjoy your trip to Vegas!!!

xoxox
Shauna