Thursday, May 15, 2008

"Sharing Hope"

Yesterday I went to my support group meeting for women with metastatic cancer. Here is a picture of the quilt some of us gals made. Fern, a wonderful quilter and sewer, was in charge. She lives in Vancouver so it was convenient for me to go to our "sewing bees." The quilt is hung in the cancer conference room at St. Vincent's Hospital. The room has off white walls, so the quilt added a lot of color and warmth to the room. Wendy, another support group gal, made the beautiful wooden hanger. It was fun to sew on it with the others and it was nice to see how beautiful it turned out. We named the quilt, "Sharing Hope."
After the meeting, I walked to the other end of the hospital where my brother-in-law was about to have surgery on his back. My sister (well, really Denny's sister) was there and so was Julie. I stopped by the hospital today and he was eating pancakes, sausages, eggs, bagel, fruit, muffin, and drinks. Apparently, surgery doesn't affect his appetite! He said the nurses looked at him and could tell he was "an eater." ....................kind of like me! He looked super and the surgery went really well. Good job, Randy. Hope you recover real fast.


Yesterday after I got home (I also had my oil changed in my car, had a new battery put in my watch at Freddies and bought a case of wine at Trader Joe's) we went to Joe's Crab Shack on the Columbia River to have lunch/dinner with some friends that Denny went to school with. We really enjoy their company and try to get together a few times a year. The food was great and we sat and talked for three hours. Luckily, it was not their busy time so they didn't mind if we stayed, and stayed, and stayed!


So I had a big day yesterday. It seems like we are always busy. I am glad that I feel well enough and have the energy to be busy!


Love to you all,

JO

1 comment:

Team Immel said...

it's a beautiful quilt and i'm so glad you shared it on your blog! thanks for participating in the making of it!!!!

xoxo
shauna