Friday, July 25, 2008

Tooth Fairy Again?!

Today I had my CT scan. I hate drinking the two 16 ounce glasses of barium sulfate but "a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do!" I know a couple of you that read my blog also have to drink that icky stuff and here is a great suggestion: Prepare the drink the night before and put it in the refrigerator. Shake the cold drink well before drinking and it is so much better than drinking the "just prepared" drink with the lumps and bumps. I will get my results back on Thursday. I have to admit I DO get a little nervous thinking about it and the reason is because I know that you can be feeling good and still have your cancer growing. I will never forget when I was at Tammy and Jeff's wedding, I felt and looked good and two days later I found out that I had metastatic cancer. But I truly feel like I am doing great and DO plan on receiving good news. By the way, it has been 19 months since I have had chemo! When I went to Kaiser for my CT scan, my friend, Janii was there getting her chemo so I got to see her. She is doing awesome. Her tumors are shrinking tremendously. Way to go, Janii. I am so happy for you! Keep it up.

I received an email from one of the facilitators of our support group with a copy of the article about our group and the quilt we made. It was published in the Providence/St. Vincent newspaper. I couldn't figure out how to copy it from the article onto my blog so I had to scan it and as you can tell, it didn't turn out too good.
We have had Kyle and Tori here with us this week and will take them home tonight. Tori lost her other top front tooth last night. I really didn't think it was that loose, but when you are being rolled up in a rug by your brother while you are brushing your teeth, I guess anything can happen! So the Tooth Fairy came and she seems to be more generous at Grandpa and Grandma's house than her own!
We have ridden our bikes to the school several times. It is nice to live only 2 blocks from it. I had my camera sitting on my bicycle seat and raced to get to my spot in 10 seconds, so the picture isn't the best.

Hope all of you had a great week and will have a super weekend. Our weather is suppose to continue to be terrific.

Love to you all,

JO

1 comment:

Team Immel said...

i'm sorry you had to drink that garbage! i hate that!!! wow, i can't believe it's been 19 months for you since chemo. that is fantastic! you are my hero! i hope i am able to be in that situation soon. i was at kaiser yesterday too, but my US appt was at 8pm! can you believe they have appts that late? not a good choice to have though since i couldn't eat/drink for 8 hours before hand!

i can't believe tori has lost two teeth while at your house! my son lost two teeth in one day before.

wasn't that a cool article on the quilt? i'm not sure why they had me in the photo since all i did was contribute material!

hope you have a fantastic weekend!!!

xoxox
shauna