Thursday, July 31, 2008

CAT Scan G-R-E-A-T!

We just arrived home from my appointment with the oncologist and my CAT scan was great! It was the same as the previous one that showed "no evidence of disease." I haven't seen the actual scan yet because she mailed it to me yesterday, so I should get it tomorrow. I always like to read it over and I like to have a copy for my notebook. Plus, I always send a copy to my brother, Michael ,who is a doctor. I always feel more comfortable after he has read it. He has helped me so much during my cancer journey. I can remember a couple of times when I wasn't feeling well, due to my chemo, and I would be talking to him on the phone (he lives in N.C.), and he would say to me, "winning isn't for sissies!" I had that slogan embroidered on my sweatshirt. And he is right. And I am no sissie!

I feel so blessed to have another good CAT scan. It has now been 19 months since I have had chemo. I was hoping for two months off and look at me now! Going to my support group each week, makes me realize even more, how blessed I am. See what all your prayers and support have done?!

I will have another scan in three months and my oncologist said if that one turns out good, I will probably wait 4 or even 6 months before I have another one. WOW.

So I am "good to go" on my yearly trip to Reno with THE GIRLS in October. Jan, Lynne, Leslie and I have gone there for probably 10 years. I had to miss two trips because of chemo. Unfortunately, Leslie died a couple of years ago (from that damn cancer), so this year her daughter, Tara, and Lynne's daughter, Shauna, are going with us. Plus, this is kind of a bachelorette party since Lynne is getting married a couple of weeks later. It should be a fun trip and I am so glad that I will be able to go.

We have been busy working on our house. Denny washed the back gutters (we had the front of our house painted last year) and I washed the windows, inside and out. Yesterday, we painted/stained our fence. I need to start a thorough cleaning of our house. Can you tell that we are expecting company?! We are having a family reunion the end of August. It is going to be so nice to have all my family together......and especially when I am doing so well.

Thanks to all of you for your continued prayers and support. You all did a great job since my CAT scan was terrific. I owe it all to you!

Love to you all,

JO

3 comments:

NanaCarol said...

Wow WOW WOW!!!! Such good news. Glad to hear such wonderful news. You keep gettin on girl.
Love
NanaCarol

Anonymous said...

i got home late today and your blog was my first look-see....what a relief to read the great news. u-da-man, girlfriend! aaahhhh...now on with living...
mary etta

Team Immel said...

woo hoo!!!! i'm so happy for you!!!! way to go girlfriend!! that's the bestest news ever!!! you go girl! you are my hero/idol!!

glad you are getting your house cleaned up and fixed up for a fun, celebratory family reunion! and so glad you get to go on a girls trip to celebrate more!! i'm so happy for you!!!

xooxox
shauna