Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

Hope all of you had a nice Easter. Kyle had a baseball game on Saturday so we went to that and then stayed all night at Julie's. Kyle played great. He hit every time he was up to bat and did an awesome job of pitching and playing first base. He is playing on a St. Paul team with some of his friends.


On Easter morning, the kids had fun finding the eggs we hid. Each egg had a saying in it describing something that they had to do.

Kyle had to dampen his hair, part it down the middle and then put on a head band. Tori had to comb all her hair forward and then put on a head band.Kyle had to clean up Sara's dog poop, using a plastic bag and then put it in the garbage can. He doesn't particularly like dogs!
Tori had to chew a piece of gum and then put it on her nose.Kyle had to eat a piece of cheese, which he absolutely hates. He had to plug his nose while he ate it!Tori had to put her finger in the toilet and then touch her nose (and yes, she did wash her hands after that!).Kyle had to put on lip stick.

Tori had to paint Kyle's thumb nail with bright nail polish. Kyle had to kiss Sara on the nose. (Remember, he is not a dog lover!)It was a fun morning. We had fruit and Cinnabons for breakfast and we going to go out to eat later. But we loved just "lazing" around and watching the golf tournament on TV so we ate left over lasagna from the night before. It was even better that day. I didn't get out of my pajamas until almost 2:00! A very relaxing and enjoyable Easter. Thanks, Julie and Scott, for such a nice time.


Tomorrow I am going to my support group meeting that I have missed the last 6 weeks. We will be passing the candle for Sara, a dear lady that just passed away. I hope to go to her service in Lake Oswego on Friday. I also have to have my blood tested tomorrow and get my port flushed. I am not looking forward to getting the results of my blood draw since I haven't been feeling super duper. I don't know if it is from my blood counts being low or the flu/cold is just hanging on. I have heard people complaining that this flu/cold does last a long time. My ear is still plugged (filled with fluid) and my doctor said it could take 1 -3 months for that to go away. It doesn't hurt, it just annoying.


On Thursday, I am meeting Amy and Carolyn for shopping and them we are meeting Julie D. and Eileen at the Helvetia Tavern for a humongous hamburger and home made greasy fries. I haven't eaten there in years and am really looking forward to it.


Our weather is supposed to be very nice this weekend. Hope all of you get out and enjoy it.


Love to you all,


JO

No comments: