Saturday, April 18, 2009

Nice Weather........

The sun is shining. We are going to have nice weather for the next several days. My white body isn't ready for the sunshine ........gotta check out some of the self tanners. Hey, those people on Dancing With The Stars always look great!

I went to my support group meeting on Wednesday and it was so nice to see the gals since it had been 6 weeks! We all loved Sara so it was special to pass the candle as we all said nice things about her. I hadn't seen Shauna for a long time and she is feeling good now so I loved being able to sit and visit with her. She brought me a very nice birthday card, gift and coffee drink since she didn't see my around the time of my birthday. Thank you, Shauna!

On Thursday, Amy, Carolyn and I met at Marshall's for our monthly shopping trip. Amy bought a darling blouse with ruffles on it, a pair of carpi's and a purse to match. She looks good in everything she puts on! She needs lots of clothes to keep up with her busy life style! Carolyn bought a cute purse. Guess she needed it for all her money she has! Me.............I didn't buy a thing. Poor me........... Then we went to Helvetia Tavern and had a cheese burger and home made greasy french fries. Fantastic!! Later, Denny and I went to Kyle's game and he played awesome. He came home with us and stayed all night.

Friday, I went to Sara's service that was in Lake Oswego. I picked up Judy, who is in a wheel chair, so we were able to park close to the church door. There were seven of us gals from the support group there. The service was very nice. Sara's best friend, brother, brother-in-law and grandson all spoke. She was so loved by so many. I wore a hat that belonged to Kathy M. She was in our support group and passed away about a year ago. I also wore a scarf that was Etta's. She passed away a few months ago.
Denny took Kyle up to Mt. Hood Meadows on Friday. Denny skied and Kyle snow boarded. Kyle was so excited to use the half pipe. You snow board up one side and then across and up the other side. Denny said he did awesome.


Yesterday, we took Kyle home and watched his game. He played good. Perfect weather for a baseball game. Tori went to two birthday parties, so we didn't get to see her.

I got the results of my blood tests back. My oncologist sent me a message that read, "no significant change." My platelets and neutrophils were down but my white cell count was up a tiny bit. I will have an appointment with her next month. I will probably be having another bone marrow biopsy. My inner ear is a little better (from the cold/flu) so I am hoping to get a bit more energy soon.

I want to send out good thoughts to one of Denny's and my friends that had a lung biopsy on Friday. And good thoughts to my good friend that will have a breast biopsy on Monday. And good thoughts to another friend that is preparing for her mastectomy. Damn cancer!


Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the nice weather.


Love to you all,


JO

No comments: