Friday, May 8, 2009

Will Miss You, Janii

My friend, Janii, passed away today. She had only been retired for a short time from the Hillsboro School District. She worked in the business office. She was diagnosed with lung cancer (less than two years ago) and then it metastasized. She was such a fighter and always had a positive attitude. I feel so lucky to have been her friend and to have been there for her during her highs and lows. After one of her chemo breaks, I can remember meeting her and Kay J. for happy hour. She looked wonderful and I wished I looked as good as she did. I didn't have any hair at that time and her's was growing back and really looked cute. I remember her being in the hospital and going to visit her and wondering if she would make it out of there. She did and had some good times after that. I don't think I ever talked to her when she didn't mention her wonderful family. She loved being involved in their grandkid's activities. She was going to be a great-grandma soon and was really looking forward to that since the baby is going to be named after her. I am sorry that she had to pass away so close to Mother's Day. I am going to miss Janii and am so blessed to have had her as a friend. This is the picture she sent out at Christmas time showing her and Jerry with their grandkids. She looks like one of the kids..............she is the second one from the right.Love to you all,


JO

No comments: