Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hip, Hip, Horray

I had an appointment with my oncologist today to find out the results of my recent CAT scan. The scan stated, "No evidence of metastatic disease." I am feeling very blessed and know how lucky I am. I will have another scan in three months and plan on living each day to the fullest. Denny asked her if it was unusual for me to be doing so well since my cancer is considered the fast growing and aggressive type (triple negative) and she admitted that it was. She is very pleased with how I am doing and said sometimes diseases doesn't always work the way they usually do.............which in my case, is a very good thing! I just can't thank all of you enough for all your prayers, healing thoughts and support.

Usually after I get good results from my scan, we plan some trips. But because of summer, we will stay around home and enjoy our lives here. We plan on riding our Harley, boating, camping, Denny's boat racing, attending the grandkid's activities, getting together with family and friends, etc. Hopefully, in the fall, we can go on another trip somewhere.

While I was at Kaiser today, I ran into Janii's husband. He was taking her home! He said she felt great and was so pleased with the way she bounced back so quickly during her stay in the hospital. They even gave her a chemo treatment so they must have felt she was strong enough to handle it. Good going, Janii.

I also ran into Ken Wolfe while I was there. Some of you know him because he was a business teacher for Hilhi for many years. He has colon/liver cancer and was having a chemo treatment. He is doing good and may have to have another surgery to remove some tumors in his liver. He has chemo every week but tolerates it well. He looked good and was happy to see me. He had just asked the oncology nurses if they could tell him how I was doing but, of course, they aren't allowed to do that, so he was really surprised when I walked into the oncology office.

I am glad today's appointment is over. I always get just a little bit anxious when it is time to find out the CAT scan results. I am feeling so very blessed and down right lucky! Think I'll go buy a lottery ticket!

Love to you all,

JO

1 comment:

NanaCarol said...

It's a wonderful life!!! I am so glad to hear such good news I had to sit down and say a little prayer of gratitude. I think your positive attitude has so much to do with how good you are doing. Do you remember the old hymn Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow? This is truly a blessing.
Such good news
Love
Carol