Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Not Nice

Today was going to be a very relaxing day. I was going to go to my support group meeting and then just look around some stores. Our electric blanket stopped working last night so I was going to look for another one. WELL, when I stopped to get gas after my meeting, I did not have my credit card. NOT GOOD! Luckily, I had some cash. I never use cash to buy gas.....we like those air miles. I had used it at Joe's on my way to class so that would have to be where I lost or left it. So instead of shopping, I frantically drove to Joe's and they didn't have it. Then I had to get home fast to check the computer for any unauthorized activity on our account. There wasn't any. Thank God. So I spent the entire afternoon talking to the credit card company and businesses that we pay using our credit card. Very stressful afternoon and it was supposed to be such a nice day!


Then when I looked on the computer at our bills, I noticed that Dish Network had been overcharging us $13 a month for three months. We were supposed to be receiving free Cinemax for a year and we were being charged for it. When I called, of course I couldn't understand the guy, and he was no help, so I told him I wanted to talk to his supervisor. That guy wasn't much better and he didn't have the right answers for me so he put me on hold.......for 15 minutes! I hung up and by the time I got a hold of someone else, I was fuming. I told him right from the start I was pissed and he better get me to someone that was going to be able to help me. He assured me he could. It ended up that there had been an agent error and he assured me it would all be taken care of. He was so apologetic and nice. The funny thing about this whole situation is that at class today the ladies were talking about how they are now saying "no" more often to people and not always being as "nice" to people as they used to be. Having metastatic cancer makes them feel like life is short - do what you want to. I've always tried to be nice to everyone so I felt like I couldn't really relate to what they were saying. I started laughing as I hung up the phone after talking to the Dish Network guys because there I was, not being "nice." I hope this isn't going to become a habit for me!


Hope all of you are having a better day.


Love to you all,


JO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it sure is hard to get good customer service from some of these outfits. hope your cred card issue works out. by the way....you WERE nice....you warned them you were P.O'D....sometimes cutting to the chase is the right thing to do.....you go!
mary etta

Team Immel said...

agkzi'm sorry you had a less then stellar day. i had one of those on tuesday myself! sure throws a crimp in the day eh? i hope it all works out and you have better days ahead!

always great to see you at support group, with your big beaming smile!!!!

xoxox
shauna