Monday, April 28, 2008

Janii, You Go Girl.........home!

Today Denny and I went to visit my friend, Janii. She is in the Kaiser Sunnyside Hospital. She was diagnosed with lung cancer about a year ago and had surgery, chemo, and radiation. She was doing well and continued to work part-time at the District Office for the Hillsboro School District. But her cancer metastasized to her brain and she again had radiation and did very well after it. But a recent CAT scan showed her new chemo drug wasn't working so she was put on a different one. A few days after her treatment, she became ill and was admitted to the hospital with pancreas and liver problems. She then developed pneumonia. So when we went to see her today, I wasn't sure how she would be and I was so pleased to see how wonderful she looked. Her coloring was great and she is feeling good and she might even get to go home tomorrow. Her oncologist was coming in as we were leaving, so I don't know what he told her, but my guess is that he is very pleased with her progress. I am so happy to see how well she is doing. She is a real fighter and was able to bounce back quickly from this "bump in the road." She will probably have to wait a while before resuming her chemo. So all you people who know Janii, please send good healing thoughts her way.

Hope all of you are enjoying our nice weather.

Love to you all,

JO

No comments: