Friday, August 1, 2008

Our House

Today I went to see a gal that is in our support group. She is staying at the Ray Hickey Hospice House in Vancouver. She looks good but finds herself getting a little discouraged. I really think that she will be getting out of there soon and will be able to go home to her apartment in the Pearl District. I love it when she is able to go to our meetings. I remember her saying that it always makes her feel so much better and lifts her spirits when she can be there. I was suppose to pick her up and take her to our last meeting but she wasn't able to go. I will not be attending the next meeting but I am sure someone can take her if she feels well enough to go.

Then I came home and helped Denny caulk one side of our house. The caulking was grey (our house color) so we didn't even have to paint over the caulking. Denny also touched up some of our gutters with paint. Here are a couple of pictures of the front of our house. My flowers are growing pretty good and Denny has the grass looking nice.

Tomorrow I am participating in the Relay for Life at Sherwood High School. I have always participated in the Race for the Cure but have never been involved in the Relay for Life. I will take pictures and am looking forward to letting you know all about it.

Hope all of you have a great weekend.

Love to you all,

JO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jo....your house is really charming. how do you keep things up so well and be so busy , too?
have a good relay experience....look forward to hearing about it.....
mary etta

Team Immel said...

your house is gorgeous!! i love seeing where you live! i bet it's just as spectacular on the inside! how do you do it? keeping it all up? you must be super woman!!!

thank you for visiting etta. i hope to be able to do that soon. i have chemo on monday, so not sure i will make it this week.

you will love the relay for life. it is so much more personal and touching and be sure to be there for the candlelight walk to honor those battling and past.

can't wait to hear all about it and see photos!

xoxo
shauna