Sunday, August 24, 2008

Family Time

Mom and Lloyd arrived last Friday afternoon and are staying with us. Denny and the Olympics entertained them while I attended the memorial service for Etta.

On Saturday, my brother Michael, and his wonderful lady friend, Jeanne, flew into Portland and are staying at the River Place on the water front. They have stayed there before and loved it. They are both anesthesiologists in Asheville, NC. I really value their opinions and always make sure they get copies of my scans, tests, etc. They came over for dinner last night, as did Julie, Scott, Kyle and Tori. I was busy making dinner and entertaining so I didn't take many pictures. I kick myself for that. But I will make up for it later! We had a nice dinner (chicken lasagna) and then had ice cream cake to celebrate Jeanne's birthday. I am glad that they came early (our family reunion is next Saturday) so we could all have time to visit. My other brother, Richard and Tony will be here on Wednesday and my sister, Carol, comes on Friday. I'm not sure what everyone's plans are yet for their time here, but I do know that on Friday afternoon, we are all going to "walk the streets" of Newberg like the "good old days." It will be fun to try to remember which stores were where, since so many of them - like 99%- are now gone! We'll drive by the houses that we liked in.....think there are three still standing. All us kids had a great time growing up in Newberg. We were so fortunate to live and grow up in a small community. We had lots of wonderful relatives that also lived there. We'll be seeing some of them this weekend at our family reunion. The other thing I loved about growing up in Newberg, is the friendships I made during my school days.....life long friends!


Kyle has been begging for a hat with a flat brim............like all the "cool" guys wear. So here is a picture of him with it on and his new "cool" sweatshirt. Grandpa had to get in the picture with a crazy hat, too. Kyle (and of course, Grandpa) doesn't usually wear it cocked to the side but Grandpa thought it should be for the pictures.

Then, Tori had to get in the picture.................... Michael and Denny played a game of basketball with the basketball game we have for the kids. They are both so competitive but Denny won. But I am sure if Michael would have had more time, he would have played until he beat him! Aren't these two gray haired guys good looking?!

Hope all of you have a great week. Lots happening this week but I hope to blog later.

Love to you all,

JO

1 comment:

Team Immel said...

i'm so glad you could get your family together! what fun!!!! loved the photos as usual, and yes, those grey haired guys are lookers! ;)

enjoy your week.
xoxox
shauna