Tuesday, August 12, 2008

More Fun With The Kids

Kyle and Tori were here for the weekend. We rode our bikes to the school a couple of times and they love riding their scooters around our block.
They play so well together. But not once did they play with our new Wii. We thought they would use it a lot but apparently, their neighbors now have one, so I think they are getting "their fill" of the Wii while playing it with them.
I wanted to take a picture of Tori by my hanging basket, so she grabbed the small plant sitting next to it to add more color to the picture!

Tori always sleeps with us when she stays here. She and I always go to bed earlier than Denny so we can read books and watch a girlie movie. Denny walked in while we are watching a Hannah Montana 3-D movie with our 3-D glasses on. He thought we looked so funny that he had to take our picture. Notice Tori without her top two front teeth.When I had my appointment with my oncologist a couple of weeks ago, she had me get blood tests since she noticed at my yearly appointment with my primary doctor in February, that my white blood cell count was low. (2.6) She emailed me on Friday to let me know that it is now 2.2. A normal count is 4.0 - 10.0. She didn't seem too concerned and just noted that my white blood cell count was still low. So I emailed her and she said that I should have it rechecked again in 3 months when I meet with her again and at that time she will have a pathologist look at my blood. Since I am not on any chemo drugs, my counts really should not be going down. I am feeling good so I am just not going to worry about it (since my primary doctor and oncologist don't seem to be concerned!). Besides, we have too many fun things planned for me to be having problems. I find myself worrying more about some of my cancer friends who are going through some tough times now, than myself. And that's a good thing.

Love the weather we are having. Hope all of you are having a great week.

Love to you all,

JO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

there you go again.....having waaaay too much fun! those adorable kids must just think you guys are the greatest...and vice-versa.....
take care in the heat coming up and keep havin fun,
mary etta