Thursday, August 28, 2008

More Family Time

This has been a fun and busy week so far since my family is here (and more coming) for our family reunion this weekend. I can't even remember what we did on Sunday and Monday but on Tuesday, Mom, Lloyd and I went to Mom's friend's house for a Tek get together. Mom and several women worked together at Tektronix for many years and they continue to get together at least once a year. They are like the Lunch Bunch I belong to. There were six women there and some husbands, daughters and one sister came. So there were about 16 of us there. This a picture of (right to left)Mom, Shirley, Madeline and myself.Shirley and Madeline are daughters of June, who passed away several years ago. Shirley and I worked together at Hilhi for almost 20 years and she also is part of the Lunch Bunch. Madeline recently had surgery on her leg for cancer and is doing fantastic.

Yesterday, I went to my support group meeting and visited two of the gals that are in the hospital there. (St. V's) Another one of the gals in our group passed away. She was one of the original gals who started the group, almost three years ago. I didn't know her well since she seldom attended our meetings. She was a go-getter and loved to travel and lived each day to the fullest. In fact, she was scuba diving while on a cruise and became ill and had to be life flighted home. She died about a week later. I think that would be a good way to go..................enjoying your life almost to the end, instead of being bed ridden for months. We will pass a candle for her next week. After the meeting, I had my port flushed, which I have to have done once a month.

Then last night, my brother Richard and Tony arrived. They will be here until Monday. They both live in Vegas, like Mom and my sister ( who will be here tomorrow). I had a nice dinner for them...turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, etc. Today I am relaxing at home. Mom and Lloyd are off to visit several people and Richard and Tony are going to Mt. Hood. Michael and Jeanne have been at the beach for several days.

Tomorrow we will pick up my sister, Carol, from the airport and head to Newberg. Like I wrote in my previous blog, we are all going to "walk the streets" of Newberg and reminisce about the good old days. Then we are going to eat at Little Coopers Town, a fantastic sports bar there. We will then go to Scott and Julie's so everyone can see their new beautiful house.


I got the results back from my blood tests and my white blood cell counts are up (but still below normal) so my oncologist wants me to have a blood test monthly to keep an eye on things.


Hope all of you are having a great week and have the opportunity to spend some time with your family.


Love to you all,


JO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad for you to be having such a great time with your family. sounds like a fun family. its good you take time out to rest too. enjoy newbyville and your walk around town.
mary etta

Team Immel said...

have fun with the fam in newberg! sounds like a great way to spend the day together! enjoy your family reunion.

i miss you!!!!

lova ya!!!!
xoxo
shauna