Thursday, September 11, 2008

Betsy- One Terrific Lady and Friend

Kyle had his first football game last night. The weather was perfect and he played great. He had one super tackle. He got to play quarterback the last couple of plays. The next play was going to be a pass so he was disappointed when the time clock ran out. Scott is helping coach the team. Two pretty nice looking guys!
I didn't have my camera for Tori's first soccer game last week but Julie's neighbor sent this picture of Tori with her friend, Makayla.

We didn't pass the candle at our support group meeting for Betsy because our facilitator was gone and she wanted to be there, so we will pass it next week. I didn't think I had any pictures of her (so I was going to get one at our next meeting) but I found some on her CaringBridge site. She was an awesome lady. I was lucky enough to have been able to sew with her on our support group quilt several times. We also took a writing class together. She was a terrific lady and I will really, really miss her. She was one of my favorites! Have I ever said that, "Cancer sucks!"

She and her husband have a sailboat. Here she is driving it near Whidbey Island. Huge boat!

Hope all of you have a fantastic weekend.

Love to you all,

JO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jo...its sad to read about betsy. very nice looking lady. im sorry.
love those grandkids....maybe i will see you at a soccer game. ben is playing, too. not sure what team yet. a dundee one, tho,
mary etta