Friday, September 5, 2008

Kyle Has A Cell Phone!

I went to my support group meeting on Wednesday and we passed a candle for Leslie, the gal who recently passed away. I didn't not know her because she hadn't come to our meetings for a long time. She was too busy traveling and having fun. In fact, she was on a cruise scuba diving and had to be life flighted home and died within a week. I like that she was having fun instead of being in bed for several months. She was on of the three originals in our group. Betsy, one of my favorites, is not doing well. I visited her last week in the hospital and Eileen, also. Eileen is now in a care center. Our group can go weeks or months and not have anyone die and then it seems like several gals take a turn for the worse all at the same time. I don't like it!


On to brighter things.............Yesterday was Kyle's 11th birthday. We were supposed to go to Newberg and have pizza at Safari Sam's but Denny has had the flu/cold for a couple of days. We thought it best that we stay home. We will be going there on Saturday for Tori's soccer game and a BBQ at friend's house that Denny went to school with. They are starting to plan their next class reunion.


Kyle wanted a cell phone so bad. That was all he talked about but Julie and Scott told him that he could not get one until he was 12. Well, he got one. Apparently, as he was opening the box, Scott called the cell phone that was in the box! It sure surprised Kyle. It can't be on during school hours and it has to be in a backpack. Hopefully, he doesn't lose it! It was cute yesterday, when he called me on his new cell phone. I didn't recognize the phone number. The person on the other end said, "Hello" after I said, "Hello." We both said "Hello" again and then I said, "You must have the wrong number!" He said, "I'm sorry," and hung up! I didn't recognize his voice since I usually talk to him after I have talked to Julie on her phone. He called me right back and this time said, "Grandma, this is Kyle!" Then he told me all about his new cell phone. He then called Grandpa's cell phone. I am sure he will be teaching us both about things we can do with our cell phones!


Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the nice weather we are having.


Love to you all,


JO

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

i don't like it either (the bad turn of the girls in our group at the moment). big hugs to the girls fighting the fight.

how cute about kyle's cell phone! my son just got one for his 13th bday. he usually forgets he has it and it's not charged and he seldom has it with him! i'm sure that will change.

sorry i missed you at group. need my jo fix!!!

xoxox
shauna

Anonymous said...

it is so good of you to be supportive of your friends in the group. nobody knows what you go thru like those ladies. i guess thats why they call it a support group.
the cell phone seems to be the modern rite of passage. what a creative way of surprising him. hope denny has recouped and you have a fun weekend!
mary etta