Friday, September 19, 2008

Boating And The Lion Walk

We have had a busy week. On Tuesday, we decided about noon, to take our boat out on the Columbia River. The weather was perfect. We just drifted down the river through the house boats.

We stopped at the Island Cafe, a little restaurant on the river. The food was awesome. We have always wanted to stop there and will certainly eat there again.

On Wednesday, I went to my support group meeting and we passed the candle for Betsy. I will be going to her service tomorrow. That evening, we went to Kyle's football game. He is playing great and loves football.


On Thursday, I was supposed to go to my monthly luncheon with my girlfriends, but I was tired and decided it was better for me, not to go. I was so sorry to have missed it.

Today, we went to Newberg to the Lion Walk at Kyle and Tori's school. Each student walks or jogs around the track as many times as they can in a given amount of time. It is a fund raiser for the school. Tori jogged around 7 times and Denny, Julie and I jogged around 6 times with her. Her little face was so red and she did such an awesome job.

Kyle jogged around the track 13 times. He ran fast the entire time. The school record was 13. There were a couple of other students that also jogged 13 laps so each one will be able to be Principal for two hours.

I hope all of you have a nice weekend. Our weather is a little cooler, which I like.


Love to you all,


JO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

another great family activity with a good cause. you are all in such good shape! nice boat.....
mary etta

Team Immel said...

looks like you had a great time!! what a fun, exciting life you lead! you have a beautiful, happy family!!!

i've missed you. this wed. i'll probably miss too. my best friend from college is flying into town wed. i need my jo fix!!! hope to see you soon!

love ya!
xoxo
shauna