Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Kyle Has An Electric Scooter

We went to Newberg over the weekend to celebrate Kyle's 11th birthday. We were unable to go on his actual birthday because Denny was sick. So we went to Tori's first soccer game on Sat. morning. Julie is co-coaching her team. They aren't suppose to keep score but I heard them say that they won something like 12 - 2. Tori is playing better this year but is still a little shy about attacking the ball. I think she is afraid she will hurt someone!


We gave Kyle an electric scooter for his birthday. He loved it. It was nice because he told us, "Thank you," when he first saw it. After riding it a short time, he came up to both Denny and I and gave us another hug and said, "Thanks for the scooter, I like it!"
Here he is letting Tori ride it but as you can see, he is following close behind her to be sure she is okay. They live on a culdesac and on a hill, so apparently, the scooter has enough power to go up the hill.....thank goodness. Here Kyle is giving Tori a ride. Whenever I take their picture, Tori always gives her big brother a hug!On Sunday we went for a ride. Here are Kyle and Tori standing on a rock pile.

Scott and Julie had bark dust delivered while we were there so we all worked spreading it for about an hour. Then they BBQ'd spareribs and salmon and we had a nice relaxing dinner. Here is Denny sitting on their deck.On Monday, I met Amy and Carolyn for some "mega" shopping. We went to the Cascade Station by the airport. They both live in Forest Grove and we usually meet in the Hillsboro area so it was nice that I only had to drive 20 minutes to get together with them. We went to Marshall's, Ross Dress for Less, Home Goods and IKEA. We all ended up buying things. Then we went to Red Robin for lunch. Since Amy and Carolyn both have birthdays recently, we splurged and had ice cream sundaes. It was a fantastic day. I love shopping and having lunch with them. BUT, they both seem to always make me buy things that I don't need!!!!!

I will be going to my support group meeting tomorrow. One of my favorite gals passed away on Saturday. I will write more about her after our meeting because I am hoping to get a picture of her.

Hope all of you have a great week.

Love to you all,

JO

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

what a cool gift! i bet he loves it! what cool, hip grandparents you are!!!

red robin is my favorite. i love their mud pie!!!

i won't be at the group tomorrow and am sorry to miss it. i have a ct scan scheduled for 9am. if i make it back in time, i'll be there. if i don't make it, will you say something for me? just say it was an honor and priveledge and joy to walk in this world with her and i'll miss her very much. :(

xoxo
shauna

Kris Schwab said...

Jo,

I so enjoy your blog - what fun for you and Denny! And, what a wonderful gift that you both are to Tori, Kyle and Dakota - they are great such neat kids! Thanks for sharing your family. I hope to see you all soon.

P.S. Thank you so much for thinking of my dad on your cancer walk. I told my parents they were so very touched. You are so kind and thoughtful.