Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Shoot, Shoot, Shoot

Hope all of you are having a great week. Our weather is super. It is getting cooler but the sun is shining. I love fall time in the Northwest.

On Saturday, I went to the memorial service for Betsy, from my support group. It was a very nice service with lots of people there. She was a nurse for twenty years and then worked in mental health or many years. I was surprised to see Bea there, one of my girlfriends that I worked with at Hilhi and Century High School. She had both of Betsy's kids in her class. Penny, a gal from my support group, was there so it was nice to see her. We picked up several booklets about Betsy, that Penny will share with the other gals in our support group. I have a luncheon date on Wednesday with a couple of girlfriends so I will not be going to our meeting.

On Sunday, we went target shooting with Scott, Julie, Kyle, Tori and friends of theirs from their old neighborhood. We bought Tori a little pink gun for Christmas. This was the first time she had shot it. She did great and even hit the deer target.

Kyle hit the deer target right in the heart. We went for Mexican food afterwards. I think the place was called South of the Border. It was expensive but excellent. The chips were four times the size of regular chips and the salsa was the best Denny has ever tasted. The Margaritas were also fantastic.

On Monday, we went to our cousin Cathy's house, to celebrate Ilene's 84th birthday. She was like a second mom to Denny when he was growing up. She is in a care home and sometimes her memory and mind are not the best, but I think she recognized us. She was so happy to see both of us.


That night we went to Kyle's football game. His team got beat pretty bad. They played a much larger (and probably older) team from McMinnville. Kyle got to play quarterback for a few plays. He had one great pass.........................but it was intercepted!

I got the results of my last blood test and it showed my white blood cell count as being very low. In fact, the lowest it has ever been. It is 2.0 and it should be between 4.0 - 10.00. So, I am suppose to stay away from crowds and sick people and be cautious about eating fresh fruits and vegetables. But I am feeling great.

Today I am hanging around the house and getting little things done. It is nice to be retired!

Hope all of you have a great week.

Love to you all,

JO

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

they even make pink guns now??? how cute!!!! what adventures those precious grandkids have with their cool, rockin grandparents!

i'm glad you and penny could be at betsy's service. i would have gone but i was sick on sat and had out of town guests.

i'm sorry to hear your blood count is low. wonder why that is? stay away from potlucks, buffet lines and workout gyms too!!!

enjoy your girlfriend time. can't wait to get some of that with you! let's plan a play date soon!

xoxox
shauna

Anonymous said...

is there anything more "girlie" than that pink gun? a far cry from the red ryder rifle.
hope your wbc improves. enjoy your time at home,
mary etta