Monday, January 5, 2009

Back To Normal...............

It is nice to get back to normal and not have any snow.

We went to Newberg on Friday because Denny had basketball practice. He is helping coach Kyle's team. We both had class reunion meetings. There were 15-20 people at mine and we talked about our upcoming 45th reunion. It was decided it will be at Sandy and Merlin's house. They have a new huge house outside of Newberg. Plus their yard is perfect for parties, weddings, etc. Mary Etta and Judy "stepped up to the plate" and said they would co-chair the committee. Midge and I said we would help. I know there will be others that will also want to be involved. I have always enjoyed planning our reunions but decided I shouldn't take on chairing the committee since I'm not sure how I will be feeling by Sept. 12th, when we have our reunion. I love seeing the people I went to school with...............some of them since 3rd grade. To me, they are like an extended family, since I grew up with them.

On Saturday, Denny went with Scott to look at new pickups. Scott ended up buying a new 350 Ford diesel pickup. It is really nice. He traded in the 150 pickup he has had for 12 years. They needed a bigger rig for hauling their trailer house, 4-wheelers, etc. It will be perfect for them for camping and hunting.

Today I bought some much needed groceries and had my port flushed. I have to have that done once a month. The nurse takes a needle that looks like a GIANT stick pin and jabs it into the port site. I usually say that it doesn't hurt but it actually does. But it has to be done so......grin and bear it!

Happy Birthday today to my special friend, Arlene. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Hope all of you are having a great week.

Love to you all,

JO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey jo! great to see you saturday....look forward to the meetings too...sounds like fun for you to see justin coaching....makes for proud parents huh?...
sure is easier to get around without the snow...as they say;"if you live in oregon/washington, you cant let a little rain stop you!"
cheers..
mary etta

Team Immel said...

I think that's awesome that you are a part of planning your reunion. I loved going to both my 10 and 20 year reunions! I love reunions and seeing my classmates! Facebook is kind of like a reunion!! But with more than just your class! I've reunioned with upper and lower classmen too! fun times!!!

I hear ya on the getting back to normal. whatever normal is. and the port flush... i never numb it. i just suck it up and take it like a man. lol and yeah, it really does hurt. those needles are honking!!!!

big hugs to you my friend! love ya!! xoxoxo