Friday, January 30, 2009

Cougars Team Up Against Cancer

Another busy week. I went to Eleanor's "celebration of life"on Saturday and then to Kyle's basketball tournament, which was also on Sunday. They didn't win but had fun.


On Monday, I went to Mary Etta's, in Newberg, to help plan our 45th class reunion. It will be on September 12th at Sandy and Merlin's house outside of Newberg. It is a humongous house and the yard and patios make it a super place for a large gathering.


On Tuesday, the day we had snow, we decided at the last minute to drive to Echo to watch Justin's basketball teams play. Instead of taking the usual 3 1/2 hours, it took us 4 1/2 because the gorge had snow and ice. The trip home was fine because it had warmed up. Justin's JV team won and the Varsity lost by about 10. That team had beat them bad previously so they did a great job of staying so close. They were even tied at half time. It was so fun to watch Justin coach. He does such a good job and you can tell that the kids like him.
Justin and Denny are looking over the stats.
This picture is a little blurry but I like it because it shows how Justin likes talking to the opposing coach.
This week is Cancer Week at Echo and they are selling pink shirts that say, "Cougars Team Up Against Cancer." I was wondering why Justin was wearing the pretty pink tee shirt when we walked into the gym! He bought me one so we both wore them during the games. Tonight at their game, there will be lots of people wearing their pink cancer tee shirts. Thanks, Justin, for my shirt and for wearing yours! That really means a lot to me. It was fun to see Dakota and DJ. We hope to go to one of Dakota's basketball tournaments and another one of Justin's games when we get back from our trip.
On Wednesday I went to my support group meeting and there were 25 women there! I think that is the most that have ever been there since I have been going. Two new gals were there and one has two children under the age of two. Makes me so mad that cancer has to happen to such young people.


Yesterday I had my CT scan and I won't get the results until my oncology appointment on the 10th. I planned it that way because we are going on a Western Caribbean cruise on Saturday. I don't want the results until we get back. We are going on the cruise with Jan, Dick, Lynne and Bill. We have never been on an Norwegian Cruise Ship so I hope we like it. It is a newer ship and they have open seating for dining. And they do not have a formal night. I packed a little different for this cruise than I have previously for other cruises we have been on. I will let you all know how we liked it.

The bad thing is that I started coming down with a cold. Don't like the thought of flying on an airplane with a cold. But, it could be worse. I feel lucky just to be going on this trip. We are flying first class and using air miles. We have never flown first class before but people seem to like it.


I hope all of you have a great weekend and a great week. Will blog more after we return from our cruise.

Love to you all,


JO

1 comment:

Team Immel said...

I love the pink shirts! I also wondered why he was wearing pink until i read further! congrats to him! he looks like he enjoys coaching!! you know hoops are very near and dear to us here in the team immel household too! :) i hope you have a fab time on your cruise! i can't wait to hear all about it and will miss you terribly while you are away! love ya!! xoxoxo