Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Basketball, Basketball, Basketball

We went to Kyle's basketball tournament in Wilsonville last weekend. They won two games and lost two. It is so much fun to see the progress the boys are making. They are all in the 5th grade and just beginning to learn "plays." Denny is really enjoying helping to coach the team. It was fun to run into Ron, Linda and Doug, our friends from Forest Grove. Doug's son, Ronnie, is in the 5th grade and plays on the Forest Grove team. We will have a tournament there in a few weeks. After the game on Saturday night, we went to eat at Juan's, my favorite Mexican restaurant. On Sunday night, we went to eat at Red Robin. Scott and Julie's neighbors and their three girls also went because they were at the game. So the weekend wasn't the best "eating" weekend for me as far as calories but it was sure a fun "eating" weekend! They will have a tournament this weekend in Molalla.


Denny and Kyle had basketball practice on Monday so we went to Newberg and stayed all night since they also had practice today (Tuesday). We will go home tonight because I am going to my support group meeting tomorrow and Denny is going skiing at Anthony Lakes with Gary. Denny hasn't skied for over 20 years so it will be interesting. Sure hope he doesn't hurt his knee that he has had surgery on. They are going to stop and see Justin on their way there.


Today I went to the Woodburn Outlet Stores. I hadn't been there for a long time. It was fun to walk through the stores. There are more stores there than I was aware of. I bought a pair of Nike running shoes and some cheap Converse tennis shoes. Now I have to get rid of a couple of pair of shoes in my closet so I have room for my new ones!


I am looking forward to meeting my friend, Kay, tomorrow after my support group meeting. We try to get together at least once a month. We were neighbors in Tigard over 30 years ago.



Haven't heard yet if Justin's JV's won their game last night. They are 7-0.


Hope all of you are having a great week.


Love to you all,


JO

1 comment:

Team Immel said...

did denny survive his ski trip??? hope so ! look forward to seeing you wed! xoxoxo