Monday, January 19, 2009

Another Busy Week

It's been a week and I know I have been neglecting my Blog. Just seem to spend most of my computer time on Facebook. If you haven't joined it yet, you should give it a try.


We have had another busy week. My support group meeting was great. Pam, my friend who has recently diagnosed with cancer, went for the second week in a row with me. She will miss this week because she is having chemo on Wednesday. But Shauna and Fern were there and I love seeing them both, not to mention all the other gals.

Denny went skiing with our friend, Gary, and had a blast. They drove to Hermiston and visited with Justin and then headed to Baker to stay all night. They got up the next morning and skied at Anthony Lakes. We had skied there many years ago with Gary and his family. It is such a neat place to ski and too bad it takes about 5 hours to drive there. Denny's knee did not bother him one bit and he skied like he was a pro. Apparently, it is like riding a bike...........once you learn how to do it, you don't forget. He loved it so much that he bought himself a new pair of skis, boots and poles. Kay and Rod: He just might be calling you two to go skiing with him!

On Friday we went to Newberg for Kyle's basketball practice. We stayed all night since they had a tournament in Molalla on Saturday and Sunday. They lost two and won two. The boys are playing so well and Denny is pleased with the way they are executing the plays.

Justin's JV boys won their game on Friday night but don't know about Saturday night's game. Since Dakota didn't have school today, I am sure the two of them are out duck hunting.

Today I cleaned my house. Boy, did it need it. The windows look pretty dirty, though. With the beautiful sunshine, they really are looking bad.

We will head to Newberg tomorrow for practice. I will go to my support group meeting on Wednesday. I am meeting with girlfriends for shopping and lunch on Thursday and then we are headed to the beach on Friday to see Creedence Clearwater Revival. And I am taking Jan and Dick to the airport Friday morning at 4:00 AM! Haven't been up that early since, I don't remember when! Kyle has a basketball tournament in Canby this weekend. Plus, I am going to a celebration of life, on Sunday, for a friend that passed away. Then another week starts and looking at my calendar, I have something every day! I hope my cancer is aware that I don't have time for it and it will just lay low for a long time. ( I have my CT scan on the 29th.)

Hope all of you are having a nice week and enjoying the sunshine.

Love to you all,

JO

PS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, tomorrow, to Shauna!

No comments: