Friday, January 9, 2009

Medical Update

'Just returned from seeing my doctor because I have an infection in my left index finger. Since I have lymphedema in my left arm and my white blood cell counts are low, I figured the smart thing was to see what my primary doctor thought. He gave me an antibiotic that I will take 4 times a day for 10 day. They are big honkin' pills.

I also asked if he would look up my results of my blood test from this morning. Not good. My white blood cell count is now 1.7 and it was 2.0 two months ago when I had it tested. It continues to go down. It should be between 4.0 - 10.0. My platelets are 113 and they should be between 140-375. They also dropped from two months ago. My neutrophils are 0.62 and should be between 1.80-8.30. Again, they are lower than they were two months ago. IF I was having chemo treatments, they would not give them to me because of my low counts. But, what's a girl to do?! Guess I will just to to Kyle's basketball game tonight and forget about it! I am feeling great so I'm not going to let low blood counts "cramp my style!"

Love to you all,

JO

1 comment:

Team Immel said...

so weird about your white cell count. what do they think that could be??? i hope it's nothing. you look amazing! big hugs! can't wait to give you one in person tomorrow!! xoxoxo
shauna