Saturday, June 21, 2008

Harley Ridin' and Eatin'

Yesterday we rode our Harley to the beach. It is the first time we have ridden it this year. It is has been so long that I even forgot what side of the bike I usually get on! The first two times I got on, it felt uncomfortable and I kept thinking that maybe I had gained some weight and just couldn't get on it like I used to! Then we both realized that I was getting on the bike on the left side like Denny does and I usually get on it on the right. Dah!


We stopped at the new Starbucks in Longview just before crossing the bridge into Oregon. Then we stopped and had halibut fish and chips in Astoria at the best place ever. We have stopped there before and it was just as good as it always is. I think the place is called the Bowkeeper and it is across from the Maritime Museum. It is a wooden ship that sits on a lot and a couple of gals cook the fish. They only serve halibut and fries. We got it to go and sat by the water and ate it.


Then we stopped by Cullaby Lake (between Astoria and Seaside) to check it out since Denny will be boat racing there next weekend. It is a nice little lake and most people don't even know there is a lake there. These pictures were taken there.

We then headed to Seaside and drove around the Prom and sat on a bench and watched the people playing on the beach. There were lots of people there and the weather was nice. We had a great day and we look forward to many more trips on our Harley.


Hope all of you had a nice day like we did.

Love to you all,

JO

3 comments:

Team Immel said...

Gotta love days like that!!! what fun for you both!! glad you could get away for the day! sounds heavenly!!!

i stopped in at st. v's today to see betsy. she was just getting released. she looks like she's had a tough go. i'm glad she's going home, she must be so sick of the hospital after 2.5 weeks. i hope she's able to stay away from there for awhile. i met her hubby. he's a very nice looking man.

i hope i'll be at group wed. i have to get my pump disconnected and i'm not sure what time yet.

miss you tons!!!
xoxox
shauna

NanaCarol said...

What a blast Motorcycle Mama, You guys have the best time. Make me almost wish I was married. Almost but not quite. I miss the Oregon beach. Cali beaches are so boring, No rocks and big cliffs. You guys just keep on keeping on.
Love ya both
NanaCarol

Anonymous said...

yum, yum, gunna haff ta try that fish and chips place.....made me hungry to read about it!
let the good times keep onna rollin',
mary etta