Sunday, June 1, 2008

"What Happens In Vegas, Stays In Vegas"

I arrived in Vegas this morning. Richard (brother) and Tony picked me up at the airport. Sunday is such a busy day at the Vegas airport, so it was really nice of them to fight the traffic and people to pick me up.


When we got to Mom's, she had lunch for us. We had meatloaf, twice baked potatoes, fresh corn off the cob, salad with home made dressing and home made peanut butter/chocolate chip cookies! Notice I said lunch, not dinner! Definitely, not my typical lunch. Thank God or I would weigh 200 pounds.

After lunch, Mom and I went to see Carol (sister) at the new Pet Smart store where she has cats for adoption. She started a business recently, when she retired, called "Homeward Bound Cat Adoptions." They find foster homes for cats that need to be adopted and then try to find permanent owners. All the cats are spayed/neutered and have their shots before they can be adopted. They get the cats from people who are moving and can't take them with them or maybe someones cat has kittens and they can't find homes for all of them, etc. It is a great organization and it is hard work but very rewarding.

Then Mom and I came home and we were sitting around relaxing (6:30 PM) and we were planning our week, and she asked if I would want to go to the new athletic club she and Lloyd had recently joined (me, thinking she meant tomorrow morning). But she meant now! Can you believe it?! I was content to sit on the couch and relax, especially after having eaten a humongous lunch! But my 83 year old Mom wants to go walk at the gym. Once I got there, it was fine. But there was no way I would have ever thought about exercising at that time. See how lucky I am to have such a terrific Mom?

It is hot here and we haven't decided what we are going to do yet tomorrow. But I bet that we will be walking! I gotta keep up with Mom, I gotta keep up with Mom, I gotta keep up with Mom!


Love to you all,

JO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a cool mom....and what a meal!sounds like no grass will grow under your feet while you are in sin city. have a great time!
mary etta