Thursday, June 19, 2008

Turkey, Bacon, Ranch Wrap at Arby's

Once a month, some of us Lunch Bunch gals meet for lunch at Arby's in Hillsboro. I always end up getting the same sandwich, a turkey, bacon, ranch wrap. It is great. Today, I met Amy and Carolyn at 9:30 at Marshall's and we shopped before lunch. I wasn't going to buy a thing, yeah, right! I ended up with a pair of black carpi's. They were $50 and I bought them for $16.99. They do not wrinkle at all. They will be perfect for packing in a suitcase. More on that later. Then we went to Kohl's since it is right next to Arby's and I didn't buy a thing. I said, "I didn't buy a thing!" Hard to believe, but true. Amy and Carolyn both bought tons of things today and I was trying to tell them they were spending way too much money and they didn't need all that stuff, but they just wouldn't listen to me! Good thing I have discipline and know when not to buy too much! (I know Amy and Carolyn read my blog, so you know gals, that I am just kidding. But you will have to admit that you both did buy more than I did! Now that is unusual.)

Julie sent me a picture of Tori and her neighbors at their swimming lesson. Tori is the gal on the far left.....the one with the nice figure like her Grandma, yeah right! Cute kids.

We just booked a cruise to the Western Caribbean in 2009. This is the first time since I have had metastatic cancer that I have made travel arrangements so far in advance. Since I have my CAT scans every three months, I usually plan no more than three months ahead. But, I did it and I feel okay about it. We can cancel up to three months before the trip and then we can buy travel insurance. Right now, I feel great and am planning on feeling great for a long time. We will be going with Jan, Dick, Lynne, and Bill. Jan and Lynne are the gals I go to Reno with each year. We have been on a few cruises together. This time we are going on the Norwegian Cruise Line. We have never been on it before and it sounds like it will be different since they have all open seating for their meals. There are 13 restaurants on the ship. Plus, you can dress up if you want to but you don't have to. We have had several formal pictures taken recently on cruises, so we don't need any more of those. A couple of the ports we will be going to are Belize and Cozumel. I have not been to Belize and hear it is nice. So, I am looking forward to letting you all know about our cruise, because I am going to be healthy enough to go on it!

Justin sent us a new picture of Bella. Pretty darn cute!

Hope you are enjoying the sunshine.

Love to you all,

JO

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

Glad you could enjoy girltime today shopping and eating at ARbys!

Cute photo of your grandkid and neighbors.

I'm so excited for you to go on your cruise! I've never been on one myself. I'm so jealous! I know you will have a fabulous time!!!

Enjoy your weekend.

xoxox
Shauna

Anonymous said...

that puppy, bella,is soooooocute! makes me want one....cant tho. then those little swimmer dudes are just as cute...specially the little cutie pie on the left with the figure like gramma. but wait! ther's more! a cruise too? that is too cool!
you have lots of shopping to do for the cruze...fun, fun,
mary etta