Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Kyle's Staying With Us

We have our grandson, Kyle (10), staying with us for a few days. He brought with him, his pitching machine, bats, balls, glove, bike, skateboard, etc. I don't think he is going to be bored while staying with us. Yesterday we rode our bikes to the nearby school. He rode a little motor bike that we have here.

Then when we got home he rode on his skateboard while I took a video of him using my camera. I have never done that before so they didn't turn out too great. But he enjoyed watching them. We would record, delete, record again, etc.
Grandpa (Denny) decided it would be fun for him to "chairboard" down our driveway and this is how he ended up! Boy, did Kyle and I laugh. I wish I would have had a video of that!Today when I went to my meeting for women with metastatic cancer, Denny took Kyle to the batting cages. He hit great. Then they went to the Malibu Grand Prix and Kyle drove a race car. I thought you had to be 16 to drive one but apparently they go by height. He made it! He loved it and I am sure he will be going back there. Denny didn't realize that the camera was in the car so he took this picture with his phone. So it isn't the best picture but Kyle is in car 4.My meeting was nice. There were about 20 of us there. A man from Providence came to take our picture with the quilt that we made and hangs on the wall in our meeting room. I have a picture of it in a previous blog. He is going to be writing a story and printing the picture in the newspaper that Providence/St. Vincent's publish. I will try to figure out how to put that in my blog when it comes out.


Hope all of you are enjoying the fantastic weather we are having.


Love to you all,

JO

PS: I keep forgetting to tell some of you who like 50's - 60's music, that there is an FM radio station that plays all the oldies like KISN used to. It is 105.9. Try it, you'll like it!

1 comment:

Team Immel said...

how fun for kyle to get to stay with grampa and gramma! what fun, cool, hip grandparents you are!!! great photos too! it was great to see you today at group! you look fabulous!!!! as usual!!!

xoxox
shauna