Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Biopsy Results

Sorry I haven't been keeping up on my blogging. I emailed most of you to let you know that my bone marrow biopsy was NORMAL. My appointment was at 8:00 on Monday morning and my oncologist emailed me on Sunday night to let me know that she did not have my results yet so she cancelled my appointment and said she would let me know when she heard something. Well, she called at 8:35 am and said she had just received them. She said there were no abnormal cells that would indicate leukemia, lymphoma or myelodysplasia. My chromosomes were also normal. I had my blood tested the day I had my biopsy and she said my white blood cell counts and platelets are still very low. She doesn't know why they are low but said that sometimes a person's blood doesn't recover after having had chemo (and I have had chemo treatments twice). When I had my port flushed, I mentioned to the nurse about my low counts and she said that it sounds like my body is adapting to my low counts. With such low counts, I should not have the energy that I have (my red blood cell counts are also low) and I should be catching colds, flu, etc. from people that I am around that are sick. But I am not. I went to Disneyland and was among all those kids (and germs!) and only had 10 hours sleep in three days, and still didn't get sick. I will have my blood tested every two months and will have a CT scan and meet with my oncologist every three months. She said I might have to have another bone marrow biopsy at some time. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it! So I will have my blood tested in January and my CT scan and meet with her in February AFTER our cruise to the Western Caribbean!

Now on to better things..............I went shopping with Amy and Carolyn last Thursday. We went to Marshall's and it is hard not to buy something since the prices are so good. Well, I bought another coat. I tried it on and liked it but decided I didn't need another coat. So I put it back and forgot about it. But I walked by it later and Amy was with me and I showed it to her. She said it was a great looking coat and I should try it on so she could see it. That's all it took! She loved it and said we should find Carolyn to get her opinion. As Carolyn saw me, she said, "Oh my gosh, that coat is perfect for you." So.............I had to buy it. They made me! Denny liked it but said he is signing me up for "coats aholics!" The best part is that it was a $200 coat and I bought it for $29!

I went to my support group meeting today and run into one of my favorite vice principals, Rick. We got to visit for a while before I had to go to my meeting. He and his wife, Annette, just got back from Hawaii. It was so nice to see him. I loved working with him.

Hope all of you have a wonder Thanksgiving. Eat lots. You can always diet next week!

Love to you all,

JO

1 comment:

Team Immel said...

i'm so excited about your results!! woo hoo!

hey, i finally joined facebook and am addicted! add me as a friend!

love ya!
xoxox
si