Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Welcome to November

The weather is crummy today, so it is a good day to catch up on my blog. On Sunday, we met our friends, Gary and Diana, for brunch at the Red Lion. It was great. They are friends from Denny's teaching and coaching days at Lake Oswego High School. It was so nice to get "caught up" with news about our families and mutual friends. We don't see them often but sure do think of them a lot. They are life long friends that we love and hope to see more often.

Yesterday, I went to see the movie, "The Secret Lives of Bees," with Jan. It was really good. It is great to go to a Regal theater on a Tuesday because you get free buttered popcorn when you show your Regal card. Hey, that's a $5 freebie! Can you believe popcorn costs that much? I always sneak pop in since it is costs about the same as popcorn!

Today I went to my support group meeting. I told the gals about my bone marrow biopsy that I will be having on the 18th. They are always so helpful with sharing information and giving encouragement.

I just joined Facebook. Julie and Justin both are on it and Julie and my friend, Jan, kept telling me that I should join. So, I did. It is very addictive. I love it. For some of you who don't know what Facebook is, it is a website where you can keep in contact with people. I have a lot to learn on how it works, but so far, it has been great fun. Just what I need........I hardly have time to blog!

I have decided to fly to San Diego with Jan, on Friday, Nov. 15. We will come home on Monday. She had asked me last week to go, but I wasn't sure if it was a good idea with so much going on right now. But then I decided, GO FOR IT! Her daughter, Lindsay, lives there so it will be fun to see her. I have only been to San Diego a couple of times and it was just overnight while we were waiting for our cruise to begin. So, it will be nice to see more of it and discover fun places to visit. It is always nice to go somewhere with people that know their way around.

We'll be home Monday morning and that night, Denny, Julie, Scott and I are going to the Carrie Underwood concert. 'Looking forward to that. The next day, I have my biopsy. So, I am going to be so busy between now and then, I don't even have time to worry about it!

We talked to Justin and he is starting to coach basketball at Echo. He will be the JV and assistant varsity coach. Echo is a little town about 15 minutes from Hermiston. We are hoping we can go to a couple of the games that are played in the Hood River area. He is also going to help coach Dakota's basketball team, so he will be busy.

Hope all of you are having a great week. Sure don't like this rain but guess it is necessary since we have been spoiled with such nice weather.

Love to you all,

JO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yikes! you are a busy one....have great fun in san diego....sounds like things are going well....will be thinking of you tues,
mary etta

Team Immel said...

look at you go!!!!! you're my idol! ;)

glad you got to enjoy a movie with friends! i went to see "rachel getting married" with a friend on thurs and i have to say it was a good movie but VERY HEAVY. not what i expected at all.

enjoy san diego and travel safe you world traveler you!

i'll keep you in my prayers that your bone marrow is painless and clean!!!

xoxox
shauna