Saturday, November 1, 2008

The End Of October

We met with my oncologist on Thursday and got the results of my CAT scan. It was good. However, she is concerned about my recent blood tests. I have had my blood checked monthly for the last three months and my white & red blood cell counts and platelets are continuing to drop. There isn't any reason why they should be going down since I am not currently having any treatments. She suggested I have a bone marrow biopsy, so I will have it on the 18th to see if they can figure out what is going on. She described the procedure to us and it sounds like a heck of a lot of fun! She will stick this humongous needle into my teeny tiny hip! Ah, you all know my hips are not petite! She said I will just need to have a hand to squeeze. Denny's going to find out just how hard I can squeeze! I will get the results back when I meet with her on the 24th.

She is surprised that I feel so good and have so much energy. Some of the symptoms of someone with a blood disorder, low blood cell counts, someone requiring a biopsy, are: fatigue, loss of appetite, weight loss, sweating, swollen lymph nodes. I don't have any of these, especially the loss of appetite or weight loss! And I am going to walk/run on our treadmill everyday until my biopsy, just to prove that I still have energy.

So, we will just have to wait and see. I hate waiting!!!!!!! In fact, she said we could wait a month or two before doing the biopsy and just keep checking my blood, and I said I wanted it done a.s.a.p. I hate the unknown. I say, "Get 'er done!" Find out what the problem is and tackle it.


Now, on to a brighter subject. We went to Tori's last soccer game today. She made their team's first goal.
Julie is one of her coaches and does an awesome job. Here is a picture of Kyle in his Halloween costume. Isn't he a great looking kid?

Here is Tori in hers. And isn't she just the cutest cheetah you ever saw?!We had quite a few trick or treaters last night. Good thing I hadn't eaten all the candy! Hope all of you had a happy Halloween.

Love to you all,

JO

1 comment:

Team Immel said...

oh they are adorable kids!! great costumes too! glad you had a fun halloween and i love tori's purple soccer shirts! kaelin never has fun girly colors like that! congrats on her goal! woo hoo, you go girlfriend!

best of luck on your biopsy (NOT FUN). i'll be thinking of you and knowing you are fine and dandy. you are my idol, hero and inspiration. you go girl too!!!

love ya.
hope to see you wed.
xoxo
shauna